Aim: Several automated immunoassays have been validated on serum/plasma to evaluate the presence of significant levels of anti-severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (anti-SARS-CoV-2) antibodies, signs of a present or past infection, but the use of dried blood spots (DBS) would facilitate sampling, shipping and storage.
- Capitainer’s qDBS dried blood spot system for home self-sampling proves 97% effective for clinical mass-testing of Covid-19 vaccine efficacy
- Capitainer attracts former Karolinska University Hospital Laboratory Unit Manager Mikael Ström as Business Development Manager
- Sweden’s Västerbotten Region first to introduce home sampling for COVID-19 antibodies together with Capitainer
- New study shows that the new Capitainer PEth system tailored for analysis of PEth enables accurate and court-admissible monitoring of alcohol abuse
- Capitainer’s qDBS dried blood spot system for home sample collection employed in a nation-wide COVID-19 study in the US
- Capitainer raises further SEK31 million to meet anticipated demand for qDBS dried blood spot sampling system as COVID-19 vaccine programs are rolled out
- Capitainer awarded ISO 13485:2016 as interest grows in qDBS testing for COVID-19 and other challenging applications