Who we are
Capitainer AB collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in Sweden) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us via the website
When you use our website www.capitainer.se, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- name and organisation you work for
- contact information, including email address and telephone number
- areas of research you are interested in.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- improve our products and services
- send you promotional emails about new or existing products, special offers, events or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the e-mail address which you have provided
- contact you for market research purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We only share personal information with:
- law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of personal information is required from you to enable us to:
- contact you about events, developments, information or other matters that may be of interest to you
- take part in market research
- enable you to download resources from our website
- provide you with more detailed information about our research and products.
You have the choice whether to provide your personal information to us. If you decide not to, you will still be able to use the website but not all functionality will be available to you.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for use in marketing communications for as long as you want to receive them.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on your consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, although this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to the USA to organisations who process information on our behalf, such as providers of software that we use for certain data management or e-mail marketing services.
If you are in the European Economic Area (being the European Union members states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) (“EEA”), your Personal Information will only be transferred outside the EEA where either the transfer is to a country which the EU Commission has decided ensures an adequate level of protection for your personal information, or measures have been put in place to ensure adequate security as required by data protection laws. These measures include ensuring that your personal information is kept safe by carrying out security checks on these overseas partners and suppliers, backed by strong contractual undertakings approved by the relevant regulators such as the EU style model clauses. The EU Commission approved EU-US Privacy Shield may also be used when Personal Information is transferred to the US.
You can find out more information about standard contractual clauses as detailed by the ICO. Visit their website at ico.org.uk and search for ‘International transfers’. You can find out more information about the EU-US Privacy Shield by visiting https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/eu-us-privacy-shield_en
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. .
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights which you can exercise free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. full name, company and email address),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 72 hours for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, write to us:
Norr Mälarstrand 54
SE – 112 20 Stockholm
The term Capitainer AB or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is:
Norr Mälarstrand 54
SE – 112 20 Stockholm
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Sweden.