Capitainer qDBS – Home Sampling
Capitainer qDBS device is intended to be used by a healthcare professional or anyone
with appropriate training, to be used with assistance, or for self-sampling.
Instructions for Home Sampling
Below you can see how easy and convenient sampling is with the Capitainer qDBS device.
Instructions are in English (left / top on mobile) and Swedish (right / bottom on mobile).
Handling of the Capitainer qDBS Card
How Capitainer qDBS Works
Capitainer qDBS is a blood collection device for microsampling with predefined blood volume.
Sampling by a healthcare professional
Less than two (2) minutes.
Blood sampling – important steps
Convenient and quantative blood sampling at the fingertip for everyone, everywhere at anytime.
Collect a blood sample at the lab or at home and return in the packaging provided.
Capitainer qDBS Fact Sheet
– Defined volume
– Reproducibility: CV, less than < 5%
– Hematocrit independent
Easy To Use
– Capillary sampling
– Convenient and quantative blood sampling at the fingertip for everyone, everywhere at anytime
– Enables easy and accurate sampling by non-healthcare professionals
– Building on over 50 years of clinical utility of dry blood spot cards
Reduces Environmental Impact
– Transportation friendly
– Based on degradable material
Dry Sample Storage
– Send with regular mail
– No cold chain required
– Room temp stability and space saving
– CE-marked and registered as an IVD product according to the 98/97EC In vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Directive
– Registered with the US FDA as a
Device Class 1
Product availability may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. Please contact your local sales representative for availability.