Product code: 310-0150 Capitainer®U, 50 pcs box
Quantitative dried urine sampling
The Capitainer®U card accurately collects 10 μl dried urine. The card is designed to make urine sampling at home easy and convenient for the user.
- No open drying step is required by the user.
- The sample can easily be shipped in ambient temperature by regular mail to the laboratory
- Most analytes are extremely stable in the dried format.
We recommend applying the urine with an exact volume transfer pipette measuring 20-40µl of urine. Capitainer’s paper based drying pouch allows the sample to dry during transportation.
Capitainer®U uses the same microfluidic metering technology as Capitainer®qDBS.
Microalbumin / Urine Albumin-Creatinine Ratio (uACR)
Hormones & Steroids
Advantages of using Capitainer for dried urine samples
- Easy handling at home! No open drying procedure as for conventianol dried urine cards.
- Improved working environment in the lab, wet urine samples can challenging.
- No cold chain transportation needed. Extended sample stability compared to wet urine samples.
- Improved analytical quality with reduced risk for bacterial and enzymatic activities.
- Accurate analysis at the lab with a quantitative sample.
- Compatible with the Capitainer puncher solution for efficient lab automation.
For Reserach Use Only
Dimensions: 78 x 43 x 3 mm
Sample volume: 2 x 10 µl
DBS paper: Ahlstrom grade 222
>80% of the device is paper based
<1,2 grams of plastics per device
Temperature range: +15°C to +35°C
Relative humidity range: 15% to 90%
The card must be used within 30 minutes from opening the package
Collected urine samples can be stored at room temperature.
The stability of individual analytes in urine samples should be validated by the responsible laboratory. In general, stability of proteins increases with lower temperature and lower humidity.
All material can be disposed in the general household waste.
For Research Use Only (RUO)
Solna Torg 19
SE-171 45 Solna