Stockholm, November 30, 2022: The Swedish medtech company Capitainer AB announces strengthening its organisation by appointing Medical Doctor and Associate Professor Martin Carlsson as a member of the company’s Advisory Board. Capitainer is currently in an expansion stage focusing on the clinical implementation of the company’s intelligent solutions for self-sampling.
Martin Carlsson, entrepreneur, docent, Specialist in Endocrinology/Diabetes, Internal Medicine, and Clinical Chemistry, as well as the founder of the healthcare provider Blodtrycksdoktorn and Chief Physician at the digital healthcare provider Yazen Health, is joining Capitainer’s Advisory Board.
” We are thrilled to welcome Martin Carlsson to Capitainer at a point where Capitainer is about to deliver a breakthrough in clinical diagnostics. Martin’s knowledge and experience from clinical diagnostics, combined with expertise from innovative healthcare providers, implementing new ideas and clinical work, makes him a perfect match for Capitainer,” says Christopher Aulin, CEO at Capitainer.
Carlsson is currently working as Chief Physician at Yazen Health, a digital healthcare provider of which he is also the co-founder.
” There is excellent customer value and market potential for Capitainer’s self-sampling products, built on unique technology and quality. When I started Blodtrycksdoktorn in 2017, it was one of the first healthcare providers in the world to focus on chronic diseases and remote monitoring. I have learnt so much from this journey, and I’m looking forward to sharing those insights with Capitainer to create the best possible value for clients and shareholders in the future,” says Carlsson.
Capitainer is developing a comprehensive platform for self-sampling blood, plasma, and urine. Today Capitainer®B (blood), as well as Capitainer®B Vanadate (a card primarily designed for correct analysis of PEth, an essential marker for long-term alcohol consumption/abuse), are available on the market.
About Martin Carlsson:
- Physician and Specialist in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology/Diabetes and Clinical Chemistry at Karolinska Institutet
- PhD in Medicine, Lund University
- Researcher and Docent at Linnaeus University, Kalmar
- Clinical work as Chief Physician in Endocrinology and Clinical Chemistry for 20 years
- Previously Laboratory Head and Chief Medical Officer at the County Hospital’s main laboratory in Kalmar
- Chief Physician at Rashid Center for Diabetes and Research in the United Arab Emirates
- CEO at Uranus Utbildning AB
- Founder of Accumbo (2017), today Blodtrycksdoktorn, one of the first digital healthcare providers in the world focusing on chronic diseases and remote monitoring
- Co-founder (2021) and Chief Physician at Yazen Health, a digital healthcare provider for obesity
- Author of, among others, “Sänk trycket, a book about high blood pressure”, 2022 and “Vitamin D, En medicinsk överblick”, 2013
Capitainer AB is a Swedish medtech company founded in 2016. Capitainer develops and sells intelligent solutions for self-sampling of blood, plasma, and urine. The company has developed a unique technology for collecting an exact amount of fluid and then allowing it to dry. The sample card can be sent with regular mail to laboratories with no need for refrigerated transports or special packaging. The precision and accuracy in Capitainer’s samples are market-leading and perform on the same level as established pipetting methods.
The products can be applied within several market segments, for instance, clinical biomarkers, therapeutic drug monitoring, genomics, drug development, drug abuse and doping testing, and R&D and clinical studies.
For more information, please contact:
Christopher Aulin, CEO
Phone: +46 708 977 577